Saturday, August 09, 2008

book club


i read this book last week, just finished it last night. i bought it because somebody said it was good, and because the cover is pretty.

i cannot say it was wonderful to me, there were lots of weird loose ends. it was hard to read as an animal lover, but at the same time, that is what kept me going with it. i did enjoy the imagery of the early circus. not sure if it's at ALL accurate, but it was worth reading just to take a peak.

oh. and the ending was good. there, that is my book review. do with it what you will...:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVED this book. Mostly loved the back-and-forth of the old man's memories. I just fell in love with that old man, and I was so darn happy for him at the end!

Hummingbears Den said...

I read it last year. I agree with Karen, the old man was the highlight of the story. Even tho I know abuse of animals in the circus was common in those days, still hard to read. But I am going to have to go back and look at it because I can't remember how it ended....

Unknown said...

I still need to read this. I need to read something. My brain needs a break.