Tuesday, August 05, 2008

august garden

by this time of year, the garden is usually out of my control. the weeds sometimes outgrow the plants, and the "jungle" feeling is in full force. most of my annuals are dead or dying, probably due to lack of attention. i TRY, but i always lose it by now. too hot, and too much work. still, the perennials keep things interesting. lots of colors, mostly clashing...

this tiger lily sits by my reading chair. sits ON my reading chair, really.

objects are larger than they appear in pix ;)

first time for hollyhocks, i bought two this spring. reminds me of farming. very old school.


my favorite lilies.

i like to call it "the tomato chair," for the obvious reasons.

and the fruits of the labor. nothing better to brighten the house up.

6 comments:

K~ said...

OK Before I forget, I NEED one of those yo yo things under the flowers!!! I LOVE IT! I think your garden is BE A U tiful! I love that chair and your flowers are so big and full of color. Nice Job. K~

Karen said...

Oh, how I wish I could sit in your garden today. It looks so peaceful. Instead, I've spent the better part of the day registering children for schools, with the help of one biological mother and lots and lots of deep breathing and quiet, desperate prayers. I think I'll be hosting dinner tonight....there are beans left, what do you think???

Unknown said...

lovely, my prettiest flowers are the volunteer ones that came up on their own....trying hard not to be crabby...still waiting to try out the nachos, hopefully this week.

cherk said...

LOVE tiger lillies. My grandma who passed away last year ALWAYS had tiger lillies. I can't wait to buy a gazillion bulbs and plant them this fall to remind me of her. Hopefully they won't die or get hailed on like everything else I attempted this year.

Chris said...

Very very pretty:)

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also, it'd be swell if you can place our tomato chair link on your blog.

Thank you,

Nancy