Wednesday, April 23, 2008

one fine day

well, earth day was loverly yesterday. after the last few months of hormones, relationships, work and winter, i really really appreciated a beautiful day. about mid-afternoon, i decided to dump my responsibilities and go work in the yard for awhile. fun!

i have a new/old grandma wheelbarrow that i got for $8 last week at an estate sale. very handy ...


it matches my green gardening shoes that i got for .25 cents this winter at the thrift store ...



and they both contrast nicely with the $5.99 worth of daffodils i treated myself to! Happy Earthday to Me!"



I also uncovered one little tiny daffodil growing in the rock garden, a remnant from LAST YEAR's splurge of yellow from the gardening center.



ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. i think the choice to go outside was a better value than a day in therapy :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Daffodils are my most favorite flower in all the world. I'm so glad you had a loverly day, so glad God gave you the good sense to shirk your responsibilities and get down to business. Hope there are many many more in the near near future. :-)

Chris said...

My boss kept saying the word "loverly" all day yesterday! I love saying to. I am also sooo ready for beautiful spring colors and warm days. I have had my fill of wind.