Tuesday, February 26, 2008

real art



on my daily blog visits, i ran into an old friend this morning. erika tysse is an incredible collage artist. she lives in norway, but somehow has found her way to some of us in SF...kristie and i both have a couple of her pieces. okay, i have five. and i keep saying that i don't need anymore, but then whenever i peek, i see something else beautiful. one of my "goals" is to not buy art at target anymore, but to try and purchase only original art. my "peacock" print from a few weeks back counts, it's a limited edition print. etsy is great for finding affordable art. erika usually sells her stuff on ebay, which is how i found her.

anyway, for your viewing pleasure. you have 4 days to bid if you are interested :)

http://www.erikatysse.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

K~ said...

That is beautiful. I do like the pieces you have of hers. I am not sure if I have seen them all. you may have to blog them all sometime. Are you getting this one? :-) K~

Karen said...

Are you bidding???

bobbione8y said...

um, no. i just cannot justify another one. that's why i was passing the offer off to any interested party :))

Karen said...

It is very pretty, but I'm in the spending fast, gonna-buy-a-house mode. Also, I have tons and tons of artwork, purchased in Europe, packed and leaning against the walls in my living room. With only ten months in this house, we decided not to put holes in the walls. It will be like Christmas when I finally get to hang it (and the chandelier!) in my very own, painted walls house!

bobbione8y said...

oh! that would be painful for me, to have art and not have it on the walls. i usually hang art up BEFORE i put my socks in a drawer when i move ....but man, something to look forward to!