Thursday, February 14, 2008

day of love



happy valentine's day everyone! this is really seriously one of my favorite holidays. i know there is the notion that being single means valentine's day should be depressing, but i never bought off on that craziness. love is love, and that is good. i suppose it also doesn't hurt that this day is marked with pink and chocolate and flowers, either.



since it's my first holiday as a "betrothed" person, i was in a quandry about what to get phillip. i thought of alot of "stuff" before deciding to just make him a pretty card. this is a poem by khalil gibran, one of phillip's favorite authors. when i first met phillip, he gave me a beautiful book of gibran's poetry, and now i am smitten also. i hope he likes it.




i will probably also try to bake a cake today. i got a really cute pair of heart-shaped cake pans on a rummage sale a few weeks back, so it will be fun to try them out. valentine's brownies, anyone?




also a couple weeks ago, in my worship group, a dear friend came with "destiny words" for each of us. she had asked the Lord to give her words of encouragement for each of us in the group. she prayed for each one of us for a few minutes, and wrote down what came to her heart afterward. the neat part is that each of us received a "valentine" from the Lord. mine related to His love for me as my Father. i knew instantly that it WAS a word from the Lord, because often when i am stressed, i worry about if He will stop loving me. it was beautiful to hear Him say "you are mine" to me. the best gift of all on this day of love.

may He speak into your heart today with His love also!


Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father
and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son,
will be with us in truth and
love.

2 John 1:3



4 comments:

Karen said...

I got Kahlil Gibran confused with Khaled Hosseini, the author of The Kite Runner, and was perplexed the whole way through this blog. Guess I'll go back and give it another read. :-)

Karen said...

Ok, totally different post that time around. :-) I love your valentine for Phil (am wishing my color printer was working so I could plagiarize it), I love God's valentine for you (we all need to see that the perfect love of the Father is different from the imperfect love of our fathers), and, of course, you know I LOVE CHOCOLATE.

I hope your first betrothed heart-love-chocolate day is grand!

K~ said...

What a pretty post Bob. Happy Valentine's Day to you!! K~

Chris said...

Man, I wish I had read this Thursday! Very nice post, thank you!