Saturday, February 16, 2008

about time



i buy watches all the time. and all the time, my watches stop working. probably because i buy them in the clearance bin at tj maxx or gordmans. i keep throwing them in the dresser until the day comes that i actually bring them all in to get new batteries. then, i will have a LOTTA watches.

but right now, i am watchless (again). so today when i wandered into the local antique shop (really local, 2 blocks away) i was SO HAPPY to see this beautiful old Bulova watch staring back at me! $10! i wound it up and walked away, thinking i would come back later to see if it was running.

okay, so i waited a minute and a half. but yes! it worked, and i grabbed it up. it reminds me of my grandma. except that i will layer it with some various bangles to jazz it up a bit and make it more artsy.

oh. and look at the box it came in. i would have paid $10 JUST for that! aaaaaaaayyyyyiiii! pretty.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Very unique! I like it. And it is even more fun to get something for cheap!

bobbione8y said...

it appears that it's about 5 minutes fast. which might help me out in the long run :)