Sunday, February 10, 2008

meet bert

meet the new addition to the family. bert is doing well so far - starts fine in the cold, is very easy to drive, and has that cute/ugly look i was going for. phillip says it looks like a car an artist would drive :) ha.

anyway, ernie is on the sidelines until we can afford a very expensive part. so we figured it was FINALLY time to get a new car. took me exactly 9 minutes to buy this one :) he he. but, never having been one to dawdle when it comes to vehicle buying, it just seemed right.

woo hoo! road trip, anyone???! oh. ps. sorry, karen. i cannot help it, i love the goofiness of how this vehicle looks. i do think it would be fun to drive to a garage sale in alabama :)))

ps again. you are not going to believe it, but i just got done watching "knocked up" this evening, and i really liked the movie. what on earth am i becoming?!

10 comments:

KristieLou said...

I love bert! He is so cute. I can't wait to road trip now. K~ here we come!

As for knocked up. I hated that movie. I barely made it through. I thought I was supposed to like it because everyone at work did. I guess I'm off.

bobbione8y said...

well, it was extremely vulgar. i had a hard time with that.

but i guess it mattered to me that it was the POINT, and i just sort of liked the guy in the main role. i thought it showed that people are not always what they seem on the surface.

you had to get thru some pretty crass boy humor - but i still thought it was a sweet resolution ;)

K~ said...

I really like it Bob! It must feel good to have a reliable vehicle to drive around in. I also love that you called him bert!! K~

bobbione8y said...

glad you like him, kirst. he wants to come and visit next month :)

yeah. "bert" was a given, esp. since phillip plans on fixing up and keeping ernie in a couple of months :):)

Karen said...

The orange makes him so much cooler! I know Bert will love to road trip to Alabama!! Um, when is that again?

I loved Knocked Up, too! The hubby thinks I'm a nut. Last weekend we got Super Bad, by the same producers, and had to turn it off after 3 minutes. I guess I can do boy humor, but not constant, unnecessary expletives.

Unknown said...

um Bert and Ernie, huh?

Cute!

Can it fit three car seats in the back?

bobbione8y said...

um, no Rani. you might have to buy a couple of these guys :)

Chris said...

Very cool, Bobbi. And very you. You are gonna LOVE driving a Honda, let me tell you! I love my CR-V. I have always wondered what the Element looks like in the inside. It is suppose to be pretty versital too right?

DeAnn said...

LOVE Bert, Bobbi! He is so cute and looks like so much to just drive around in.

Unknown said...

yeah, I figured... we are gonna have to get a 'burban or a conversion van...or the good old wation stagon...sigh