Thursday, February 07, 2008

please pray

i have a prayer request that really hits my heart hard. many of you who read this blog know my friend doug. lots of people in the advertising community are praying, and i'm hoping you will pitch in and join in prayer for him right now.

doug lee is one of THOSE people. you know who i mean. he is one of those people who clearly displays what being a follower of Christ is all about. i love working with doug! he is one of the most talented people i have ever had the priviledge of being in this business with. he's also a kind, gentle, funny, athletic, easy-to-talk-to guy. he loves his family, he loves life, and i feel like i can (and have) told him things i would not tell people i know twice as well.

this past tuesday, doug found out he has cancer. as of yesterday, he is in mayo clinic being treated for an aggresive type of lymphoma. please pray for God to use this time for His glory, to bring healing and peace to doug, jan, and their three little ones.

thank you LORD that we don't have to sit back and take this kind of stuff. we have the Great Physician on our side, and Lord, we trust doug and his health with you.


UPDATE: thanks to a great idea (a caring bridge website - whoever thought of that was a genius) i found out that doug is doing well, his chances of recovery are great (70%), and his road is marked out for the next 18 weeks - chemo at the Mayo Clinic. keep him and his fam in your prayers, and we can shout "victory" as we watch God do big stuff!!!!

6 comments:

carey said...

yes, doug made my list of "people who most influence my life." his wife is an amazing woman, too.

i think it's time for the advertising community to pull together for a benefit.

who's in?

bobbione8y said...

oh, that is right! i thought it seemed like i had posted this post before, but that was YOU who posted this post!

i am in. i have been promising doug for YEARS to do a website for him, so i am your designer girl.

KristieLou said...

Nicely said B. Doug is an amazing person. We are all praying for him.

I think having a benefit is a great idea. Paulsen is in!

Unknown said...

don't know Doug from Joseph, but I will pray for him...

DeAnn said...

I hope God isn't tired of me yet. My prayers have been flowing non stop...Doug is in them. I don't know him, but he sounds like a wonderful man. I think your benefit sounds awesome!

K~ said...

Oh I am so sorry bob. I will be praying. K~