Sunday, December 30, 2007

infj


i was reading some new crafting blogs that i discovered yesterday, and i found a really cool lady in mexico that is so darn terrific. great sewing, and cooking, and she's a montessori teacher and cat lover as well. she was talking about being a "rare" INFJ personality type (is that the meyers-briggs test?) and i remembered that i once took a test and wound up as an INFJ as well. didn't know it was rare, but i do find it kind of freaky when you read those personality tests and they describe you to a "t"...

some of the most obvious likenesses are:

Many INFJs who have the opportunity to gravitate toward higher education where they often find their niche. With their intellectual bent, they are led to endeavors that allow them to deal with theory and complexity. Professors often spot their intellectual inclination and encourage it. oh, so is that why i always tell people i want to be a college professor when i grow up?

The INFJ external environment may be only partially organised. Their internal environment, by contrast, is anything but haphazard. Their ideas need to fit into a coherent whole that has the pieces in place. Organization of the internal world takes precedence over organization of external world. ha ha ha ha ha.

Leisure-time pursuits for INFJs are often solitary or involve the company of others who are particularly important to them. Sitting around with dear friends discussing feelings can be very special to INFJs. coffee and conversation, anyone?

INFJs want to give love and to be loved. They enter into relationships just to be cared for, even when the person is not right for them and they suspect it. um, yeah.

INFJs are usually good students, achievers who exhibit an unostentacious creativity. They take their work seriously and enjoy academic activity. They can exhibit qualities of over-perfectionism and put more into a task than perhaps is justified by the nature of the task. so THAT is why i cannot sew a perfect #$%^&* apron!

anyway, i have taken lots of these kinds of tests over the years. i think i was an owl in one test that compared you to animals, and an introverted, melodramatic, loner-type on some christian test i took once. the biggest thing it tells me is that God had a great big giant box of crayons when he sketched us out, and sometimes he favored certain colors in some of us.

I'm dying to know what letters some of you guys are labeled!!! happy sunday!

http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/infj.htm

6 comments:

Vicky Jo said...

I offer a free resource at www.INFJ.com

Karen said...

I am SO ENFP, it's not even funny. I once had a boss who made me take this test. I think she really believed that I would see my "faults" clearly and strive to correct them. Ha. I guess the joke was on her. :-)

Chris said...

Ha! I guess I need to take this test. be right back.....

Chris said...

Ok, I guess I don'r get how you take the test. When I went to the site, it was all about what it means to be an INFJ. What did I miss?

bobbione8y said...

oh shoot. yeah, that is just the full description of my warped personality :)


i think this is the meyer-briggs test. you would have to take it to see what you are! i bet they have a web one if you look!

freaky accurate.

Susan said...

I am an ENTJ. I have tried to change and can't.

http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/entj.htm