Saturday, December 29, 2007

all grown up

well, if karen thinks she's old because she got a mixer for christmas, i must be ancient right about now...old but happy! i finally decided to break down and get new appliances for my little bungalow house. i am 45, and i've never cooked on a new stove, or had a new fridge!

so, i took advantage of those new year's deals that are going on. i did not go super crazy, but i did get a fridge with the freezer on the bottom instead of the top (woo hoo, less bending over - hee hee) and a really really cool stove with 5 burners!

i am giddy, and hopeful that i will not get buyer's remorse, as i am wont to do. seriously, i buy lots and lots of little stuff, but i kind of freak out when i buy something big.

watch out girls, my cooking habit should get really serious in about 10 days!

6 comments:

DeAnn said...

AWESOME! There is nothing like new appliances to just make you want to stay home and cook a great meal. These look so cool! I bet you are sooo excited to get them home. Don't have buyers remorse...I think you deserve to treat yourself to this and it's something you'll have for a very long time. Happy cooking on your new toys!

Lisa said...

Ditto Bobbi
You'll LOVE this. I have new appliances for the first time ever (age 39)and that garbage disposal and especially the dishwasher have changed my life.
Did you get the email?

bobbione8y said...

no buyers remorse yet! just excitement for jan. 11th!

lisa, slow down on the garbage disposal and dishwasher though, i'm still kind of old fashioned. :) even though i have had a cell phone for awhile (never mind that i never use it).

oh. yeah. got the email. your housewarming gift is forthcoming :)

Karen said...

Ohhhhhh. I love.that.stovetop. I was just drooling over one yesterday. Five burners. It kind of makes my eyes roll back in my head.

bobbione8y said...

i know!

whatever will i do with 5 burners!!!

the best part is that i'll be able to say to myself "hmmmm. should i use this medium size burner, or that little teeny burner, or THAT MONSTER burner...."

:))))

Chris said...

Oh I like, and I want...I WANT! My appliances are slightly old. I would love a new fridge! Um, but i don't get what you meant by no more bending down? Don't you have to bend down to get your freezer stuff out? Huh?:)