Monday, April 30, 2007

well, there is the one thing...


rereading the previous blog post makes me realize i am not being totally honest even with myself by reporting a HUNKY DOREY on everything in my life.

there is one little big thing that i could use some prayer support on.

my health and weight right now is atrociously out of control. thank GOD i am a healthy person, but my battle of up and down up and down up and down weight for years is once again taking its toll on me.

and i don't know what to do. which is probably a good thing.

see, i know we are supposed to submit our minds, our hearts AND our bodies to the Lord. He gave em to us, and He wants to manage em with us. and for me, weight has always been a key point of control in my life. if i'm "doing well" i am eating right and exercising and thin, and if i am "doing badly" i am eating too much and using food for comfort and i am a failure.

me, me, me, me, me.

i want to change that around. i want to GIVE this whole chubby little body to Him, and let Him make what He will of it :) i want to break free from the chains of weight and the implied standards the world has set for us as women. i want to feel good. AND look good, but mostly feel attractive and healthy.

i want to kick this weight problem forever. by giving it to the Lord!

any ideas how to do that?

:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

will you let me know if you find out?

Karen said...

I think you just summed it up, Bob. Give it to God. Every bite, every day.

I will pray.

Karen said...

...and your groceries look yummy. I might pop over for a salad with you and the dust bunnies.

carey said...

i've watched you yo yo through the years, and i do know one thing. your body LIKES to exercise. it rewards you with happy eyes and great looking legs and an enviously good running time in what seems to me no time at all. i used to be amazed at how well you could run, and how much you LOVED it. think of how much fun it would be this time around to go for runs with the Lord. he could be in your Ipod and in your thoughts for miles.

think about it. you only have to start with one block, then two, then three...

and a fun shopping trip to SCHEELS with me :)

bobbione8y said...

he he he he.

post script to the post, first day of giving it up to God, chubby or thin...

had supper (dinner?) at Bracco, a fancy schmancy place where all the cool people hang out. noticed that it's been awhile since i went out in public, but declared to rejoice in the Lord, no matter whether i was dressed for the occasion or not.

then, stopped at a store quick on the way home, since tomorrow is a day-long consultation day. determined to just accept and feel good in my body, and maybe find a new pair of pants :)

found a pair in about 1.5 minutes. did NOT try them on. bought matching jacket, did NOT try it on even tho jackets do NOT FIT MY WEIRD SHAPE.

brought them home. both fit perfectly. threw on a jean jacket with the pants (tan/blue plaid capri-length with big cuffs - will save matching jacket for wearing with jeans) and feel good. really good. mostly on the inside good :))

ha. there has to be more to giving it up than this. right?

and yes Carey, the running me wants to come out again. if she can talk the out-of-shape me into it. :)

K~ said...

Nope. I don't know how to do it alone!! I am SLOOOOOWWWWLLYY trying to lose some weight and get into shape. I pray to God that he gives me streingth. I just need to keep praying and look at something else besides food to fill me up. K~

Unknown said...

sounds like you are on the right track b...