Saturday, April 21, 2007

oh happy me



well. i guess the spending fast is officially over. not only have i been to three greenhouses in the last 24 hours (but i did find a dwarf cherry tree for the beginning of my Back Forty orchard dream) BUT

i have almost test-driven a nissan xterra,

i have purchased 2 pairs of flip flops, and 2 new shirts,

i have bought a new doormat, garden hose and green canvas purse,

and I HAVE BEEN SHOPPING ONLINE.

i was oh-so-close to pushing the BUY button on a new quilt at the company store just this morning. see, i love grandma quilts. always have. my grandma did NOT quilt, but you would think she did by the way i love handpieced quilts. over the years, i have probably purchased 5 or 6 of them, i cannot remember ever having any other kind of comforter on my bed.

the company store has beautiful quilts, usually in the $175-$200 range for my bed size. so, i was looking in the clearance bin. they had a really pretty one for $99, but still. so i hesitated before pushing.

then, in a store i never would have expected, it has "shop" in the name, i found THIS. woo hoo! i think i like it even better than the company store one! 100% cotton, hand-quilted, and LOOK AT THE FABRIC! see the fake cheetah fabric? see how it goes with my elephant painting? see how it manages to mix cheetah fabric, elephant paintings and grandma quilts all into one gigantic visual utopia?

best part. on clearance for $40 bucks, down from $99.

:))))))))
ah. i am at peace.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Someday I want to go shopping with you, and the spending fast will be nothing but a dream of a dream. I love your new bedding, and am pretty sure you could inspire me to step out of my lame comfort-zone and try something with an animal print. You done good, girl (as they say in 'Bama)!

K~ said...

Hey, I do love the company store. We still have our super heavy down comforter from there. We first were exposed to one like it on our honeymoon. I guess figuratively and literally.":-) K~

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, can you come decorate my house? I have a 29.99 bed in a bag combo on my bed...amazon.com YIKES.

Chris said...

I really love how you decorated your room. You can tell you are an artist! PLEASE come help me.

carey said...

why can i not figure out what store has the word "shop" in it??

Anne said...

CAREY! it is a store that she goes to all the time! but it is embarrassing because it is not even HALF as cool as the $100 dollar store and most of the clientele are seniors getting prescriptions filled. HA!

bobbione8y said...

i go there all the time?

well, not really. but in the spring i go to the greenhouse and buy plants there. i actually go to EVERY greenhouse in town, surprise, surprise :)

otherwise, it kind of sucks as a store.

glad you finally decided to comment, even if it was a false statement.

he he he ....

Susan said...

I love it. When are you coming to town to help me decorate?