Tuesday, April 10, 2007

denial



i COULD be blogging about the snowfall i woke up to, or the fact that snow is predicted for my weekend in minnesota which i am so longing for.

i COULD be blogging about the fact that every gardening blog i read says that the crappy cold weather we are having will most certainly ruin almost every perennial plant there is for the whole season, and for me that's alot of plants.

i COULD be blogging about today being kind of depressing around here, because i hate gray snowy days.

instead, i will blog about PIZZA. because PIZZA makes me happy. i have discovered frozen pizza that is SO GOOD. it's from California Pizza Kitchen. i bought my first one at target a few weeks ago, the sicilian. mmmmmmm, spicy.

then, last night i dug into my second one, a garlic chicken that i bought at wal-mart, of all places. this pizza was as good as our local fancy pizza place, spezia, serves. thin, crispy crust and SO MUCH FLAVOR.

mmmm. might go eat the leftovers for a breakfast snack, since i cannot look out the window.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Mmmmmmm. That's our favorite, too. We once went to the restaurant, and decided that the frozen is just as good. I love the bbq chicken.

bobbione8y said...

how come i did not know about this? i feel like it's my "new discovery" :))) he he.

well, i had toast for breakfast, held off on the leftovers til later in the day!

Susan said...

I will have to check these out. The kids have a love for the cardboard pizzas, but me - not so much. This will be my grownup pizza at home since the home office can't stand going to California Pizza Kitchen here. He is such a boy.

Karen said...

That's exactly what we do, Susan! Red Baron for Moose, Party Pizza for Bubba and TM, and CPK for the grown-ups.

Bob--we didn't discover it until last year, so you're not so far behind. Sodom has all the good CA chain restaurants/stores (Coffee Bean, Trader Joe's, CA Pizza Kitchen, In 'N Out Burger).

Karen said...

By the way--the second half of Carey's b-day gift finally arrived....should I put it in the mail????

:-)

Unknown said...

mmmm, that sounds heavenly. I am NOT in the know on this one. Thanks for the heads up, B~!

Chris said...

Mmmm pizza, I am loving making my own pizzas with ready made crust. I like making my own combinations, and with a pizza stone it doesn't take long at all to cook.

Karen said...

I'm with you, Chris, but my jerky kids prefer cardboard over homemade. We sometimes make a "grown-up pizza" with funky toppings and funky cheese. Mmmmmmmm.

Bob--I think Pizza is right up there with the hundred dollar store in posting popularity, which says something about us, but I'm not sure exactly what. Maybe just that we like to eat.

Susan said...

OK. Just went to the store and purchased a CPK pizza. Can't wait to try it out.

bobbione8y said...

oh. i hope you like it!!

i think they definitely win over party pizzas :)