Saturday, April 21, 2007

the madness begins






well, it's finally HERE. the season i have been waiting for!

yesterday at about 2pm, i decided to go transplant a few daylilies in my back yard. i have a "junk" garden that needs to go this spring, and there are some bright orange holdovers from mabel's previous owner, a woman named Rose. i tried to keep many of her perennials from when i moved, although none of them are in the original location. i planted 50 plants along the back of the garage, i hope they grow there!

i also spent my first $57 at menards, got some hiacinth and daffodil cuties and a trio of creeping phlox to put over my rock wall in the back. oh, and a new hose and bunches of leaf bags.

of course, i became obsessed after that one little taste of dirt. i ended up going til 8:30 last night, and have 5 giant bags full of dead plant gunk to show for it. but i also have a pretty good start at getting all of my perennials "uncovered." for fun, i like to look at last year's photo from may 22nd. in only a month, i'll go from this to that!

too bad i cannot walk today, or i might take a stroll and enjoy the little babies that i unearthed!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah!!! Keep the pictures coming! I especially want to see what the bean swing-set looks like in full bloom.

K~ said...

Oh yes.... The bean swing set. I remember that entry! I Love your photos Bob! My little plant family is peeking out too, not so happy to see it trampled by dog and boys! K~

Chris said...

Again, I need you to come help me, and I need your enthusiasum for gardening! I thought I had it yesterday when I went and bought a few things to get started, including a red & white tea rose. I started with deweeding the front flower beds. I only got a little over halfway done with one side of the sidewalk before stopping. I need your motivation.