Wednesday, April 11, 2007

crime drama

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/voices/

i love crime dramas on tv. law and order, and although it's been awhile since i watched, csi.

this week, i have been watching a real-life courtroom drama unfold, via the internet. sadly, it's happening right here in our "safe" little town. a woman has been accused of murder. not just any murder, but a love-triangle murder. those kind get lots of attention. and not just any death, but a gruesome one, in which the victim was dismembered with a chain saw.

it's really compelling. and our local newspaper, with a rare moment of clarity about delivering actual NEWS, has decided to let a reporter blog about it in real time.

amazing to be a part of this, through the reporter's eyes.

i do admit it has cut into my work week some though!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for making me lose the last two hours of my life...I am officially addicted now...

bobbione8y said...

sorry rani,

but how often do we get to observe a trial like this? it's been really really interesting, the cases as they are being built, and wondering, wondering, about how i would choose the outcome? it's not as easy as it seems on tv...

DeAnn said...

Okay, now I'm addicted! Just like watching CSI...once I start the show, I'll stay up 'til it's over, now matter how late it gets! Ugh. It's hard to imagine these things ever happening in real life.

bobbione8y said...

yah, i just saw a video of the defendant, crying.

it made me realize that she can repent and still go to Heaven! i pray someone will share the Gospel with her, it will be a sad life in prison, maybe even death row, without the Lord...

so sad.

Karen said...

Have a great weekend in MN!!! Post some pics when you get back.

Susan said...

I can't wait to get my PC back so I can read it in the comfort of my own home rather than on the library clock. Only 38 minutes left. You know I was on that jury last year for a murder case and it was fascinating.

Chris said...

Do you ever watch Forensic Files? I use to watch that all the time, just rivided that people actually behave this way. And marveling at how they figure everything out through science. Now I am into watching Dateline and Primetime Murder mysteries.