Monday, September 18, 2006

soup and sweaters


I met a dear friend for coffee yesterday, she is moving to another state and we needed to catch up and keep up our friendship before she leaves.

i am so lucky to have such wonderful girlfriends. some of them are fellow designers, some are longtime, "knew you when" friends, some are church friends, some are friends of friend friends, but they are all very special to me.

this friend and i "play barbies" when we get together...see, we are both designers and that is a very different kind of friendship. mostly we talk about things that are pretty and sparkly and visual. we can do this for hours. husbands and boyfriends don't seem to get this kind of stuff, but that doesn't stop us for one minute.

yesterday, as the late afternoon sun came streaming into the coffee shop, and we both had shared all kinds of creative and yet to be created projects, we looked out the window at the Lord's glory, the pretty fall weather. My friend smiled and said "oh, sweaters!" and i chimed in with "oh yes, and soup!"

lucky for us, beautiful things can be found almost everywhere. i went home and made soup while wearing my turtleneck, dear, in honor of us :)) have a beautiful week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for fall! I love soup and sweaters and hot chocolate and crunching leaves and hay rides and...

SDGuy91 said...

Hey - even though I am a guy, I appreciate sweatshirts, AM cappuccino, soup and cool, crisp mornings.

In fact, last night I made my first batch of chili for the season. Yummy.

And, this morning I bought the first of many seasonal "stop & rob" cappuccino. Hot, sweet & cheap.

Fall is my favorite season for sure!

bobbione8y said...

yeah, i guess guys like normal stuff too ;)

i sometimes miss my morning cappucino - mine was the good stuff, from heart of the vine.

now it's folgers from the vine for me :))

ha.