Tuesday, September 19, 2006

happiness in a tube


Nope, i haven't been eating cookie dough straight from the fridge again. this time, i'm talking fluorescent tubes. this weekend, i decided i wasn't willing that all of my summertime plants should perish.

so, i went to menards and bought a big grow light. i installed it in the basement, which was a double-edged sword, because that means i have to CLEAN the basement. I have no idea if these things even work, i spent alot less $$ than greenhouse lights cost, but these 48 inchers are called "grow lux" lights.

I think i'm going to buy one more. no, i am not really needing to save that many plants. but i am thinking that it might be nice to have a nice warm spot to plant MYSELF in a couple of months!!

happy tuesday.

2 comments:

carey said...

My house plants are jealous. They are lucky if I remember to water them, actually, a few of them aren't so lucky. The dead one upstairs especially.
Looks like fun! You really are becoming a crazy farmer, aren't you?

DeAnn said...

Hey what a great idea! I have no plants in my house because they never live...maybe I should some pointers from you! Your flowers look so...alive and very pretty! Good Job!