Sunday, September 10, 2006

I know that I know that I know

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9

Wow. what an awesome weekend. i have been tired here for awhile, just all of the running around and stuff. but for a few hours yesterday, i was renewed and refilled, along with 6,700 other women who got to attend the Beth Moore conference at the arena.

thanks Kirst, for telling me about Beth Moore. she is a wonderful speaker. i have to admit that she was not the thing that got me going. i was there friday night, and it was good, clean entertainment. even tho i had a good time, i was secretly waiting for some of this hecticness to be over, to retreat to my little house, to be alone for awhile.

even saturday when i got up, i was still pretty unmotivated. yes, i was meeting some girls for lunch that i really really want to spend time with, but otherwise, not much motivation. the thing is, i know better. when God is involved, even when 6,700 people are going to be looking at Him for some attention, He doesn't forget about YOU. and He knew exactly how i was feeling.

long story short. He sent me EXACTLY the right woman to pray with, with EXACTLY the same situation that i have been feeling in my heart for about a week. that's God 101. He knows how to tell you something, go over it with you in review, and then throw it in once or twice more so you don't forget it :)

i was so blessed by Him this weekend. i love Him more and more every single day. i am sitting here today in thankfulness and awe and wonder for who He is and what He has done for me.

praise be to you, Lord!

2 comments:

K~ said...

Amen.
Praise God.
I am kind of in a funk. I have been doing a lot of praying. God, I think, has kept me grounded the last few days.
He does see each one of us. Each need. He hears each prayer.
Love you Bob.
K~

bobbione8y said...

I sensed you were probably going thru a little turbulence.

just know i am thinking of you, praying for a peace.

you know, maybe we should think about going to see Beth Moore in may of 2007?

http://www.lproof.org/schedule.asp

it might be a nice getaway for both of us, you could drive here, and i could drive there (about 3 hours away!)

take care of you :)
love,
me