Wednesday, September 13, 2006

LCDs are for sissies


So, i had a little trouble with the clock by my bed this morning. it's a cool vintage model called "big ben." i rarely use the alarm part, because #1 i rarely need to get up early and #2 i have always had an internal clock that tells me when i absolutely need to get up.

it was still dark out when i awoke to the sound of Been wretching right below my bed (getting to be a 17+ year old cat doesn't come without issues) and i grabbed ole ben, held him to my nose and saw that it was 6:10. time to get up anyway, so i took care of been, made coffee and sat down for my morning computer ritual.

i was sailing right along, til i looked at my computer clock and it says 3:10. that's AM, my friends. what the heck am i doing at 3:10 am drinking coffee and surfing the net, i asked myself?

after a bit of brilliant sherlock holmes-style thinking, i figured it out. ben said it was 6:10, or maybe it said 2:30 and i just got the hands mixed up...and it only took me 40 minutes to figure it out!

still, i am not willing to admit that digital clocks have anything on ben and i. only thing is, i hope he tells me i can take a nap pretty soon.

2 comments:

carey said...

Ha. Now you know what you're getting from me for Christmas:) I hope you and Been went back to bed. Maybe you're still sleeping...

K~ said...

That is a special moment. I have been there. The time I got to shaving my legs in the shower, and thought "hmmm, my legs are so smooth" and then getting out and taking my damp towel and thinking "hmmm, that's strange, why is this damp?" And ONLY at that moment, I realized, that I had already taken a shower that morning. K~