Tuesday, September 26, 2006

recipe for relaxation

Ahhhh. finally, a good relaxing day. yeah, i know. it's a tuesday. i guess that just goes to show you (or me) that relaxation is not necessarily about weekends, or vacation, or down time. it is a tuesday, and a normal workday at that, but it was so good for me deep down inside. i figured out some essential ingredients for the kind of day we all need more of - thought it might be good to share.

1) beautiful scenery - yep. had that. it was nearly 80 degrees today, there was alot of gorgeous fall weather and landscape. i got to take a short roadtrip, it feels good to hit the open road. my destination? where else but SIOUX CITY...yep, you heard me right. sioux city is dang pretty this time of year folks, they have rolling hills and pretty neighborhoods and peaceful sounds. i like it there, who knew?

2) great community - i spent the day with a diverse group of midwesterners. well, let me rephrase that. i spent the day with alot of nice white people of all ages, and both sexes. it was sioux city after all. but seriously, this was just a great group, very kind and willing to pitch in and a couple of the cutest kids you ever saw thrown in the mix. good stuff.

3) loved ones - well, loved ONE. i spent the day with one of my bestest friends. you can't beat spending the day with one of your favorite people in the world, if you want it to be a great day. we talked, and worked some, and wolfed down a happy meal at lunchtime, and just you know...it was easy. thanks, c!

4) okay, also had the ABSENCE OF AN INGREDIENT OR TWO. no cell phones. no email. no voice mail. ahhhhhhhhh. i'm sure somewhere those things existed, but not in my world. not on this day. i liked that.

5) most important element? GOD hanging out with us. He had to be there, the day was perfect. the people were great. the work seemed effortless. the feeling i am left with is .... peace.

That's it. Five great ingredients to a wonderful day. Serves one.

:)

2 comments:

carey said...

yeah, it really didn't even feel like we were "working" did it? what a perfect day. i can't wait to see the footage!!
and i got my fill of much needed bobbi time...:)
glad you rewaxed wif me.

Chris said...

This entry made me smile! I am having one of those much needed days today, and I am not even doing anything but cleaning & reading blogs!!:)Anyway, I love how happy you sound Bobbi! We really need to hang out sometime. My next trip hopefully will be in your neck of the woods, although I am not sure when yet.