Monday, April 12, 2010

the flag lady returns



whew. another monday. who is making them come faster and faster?!


had a great weekend. although 'great' weekends mean i am too tired to move on monday. there is only so much fun that 47 years of livin' can take ;))

first off, the yard is almost, ALMOST ready for spring. i have a bit more work to do in the back, but overall, feeling pretty good. gardening is not only a cure for my aching head, but i can hear a few muscles that have not spoken in a long time, yelling at me. cannot be a bad thing.

secondly, went to visit a different church yesterday. the pastor preached on going deeper in worship. can we all say a-men to that?!

thirdly, the neighbors had their first 'harley' party of the summer, and my head did not actually twist off my body. let's hope that next time, they go to somebody elses house, just in case God has not completely finished renewing my mind ;)

fourthly, bill the cat, who i prayed for all of last week, is healed. or, at least, healing. thanks, God!

ps. added bill's pic so you can see what a good God healing looks like :))
that is his brother ted cuddling up next to the pinky shaved belly.

fifthly, casting crowns concerts are fun. they revive tired old ladies into worhip-filled flag ladies ;)) that is what the tenth avenue north guy called me. i KNOW he was talkin' about me. if you haven't gone to a christian concert before, you should try it. i think the best witness for Christ is not the worship during the concert, it's that you have a better chance of not getting cut off leaving the parking lot. ha.


happy week, blog ones!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe that I have not commented here in awhile. shame. on. me. Sorry about that.

Google reader has me reading lots of blogs but not commenting as much.

I should go back to the ol'fashioned way of checking every morning.

Sounds like a good weekend, B! I bet your place looks beautiful.

bobbione8y said...

hi friend :))

i am not commenting as much either, i have found myself needing to limit my facebook/blog/twitter time.

i did however, note the cute pink dress on your child ;)


can hardly wait for our road trip!!!!

carey said...

you better watch out who you are calling old lady. kristie lou is younger than me, by multiple years. and i am not an old lady. neither are you, for that matter.

yes, weekends are good. not sure who bill the cat is, but good for him.

and i cannot wait for minneapolis! i already know there will not be a dull moment.

Karen said...

What's up with Minneapolis?

Who is Bill?

What led you to the new church? I daydream about that myself. It's been a loooong while since I enjoyed some hands-in-the-air worship.

bobbione8y said...

MN - albertville actually - girl road/shopping trip! woo hoo! carey, myself, rani, and kristie lou. we will be dangerous :)

bill...he's the cat child of a facebook friend, who happens to be wife of our SD symphony conductor. she is kind of a 'me' clone, down to the cat obsessions and graphic artist profession.

worship - shel, husband of anne, sometime readers of the blog (i think). not really a 'new' church in that respect, but it was a fresh look at mercy church...

http://www.mercy-church.org/

they are fine with hand-raising. so is casting crowns, for that matter ;)) twas a good week for worship.