Monday, April 19, 2010

beautiful




hi all! happy springness. things are quite pretty and springey here on the back forty. i am joyful, for a monday even....(did you catch the snagglepuss-likeness of that response?)

i am feeling relieved. i have a big business decision to make today, and yesterday at church the pastor spoke directly to my decision, by saying 'don't make decisions out of a place of desolation.' now, my life is not exactly what i would call desolate, but the basis of my decision had a LOT to do with feeling rejected, used, a 'has been' and not wanting to feel that way.

it was funny how it struck my heart. although in my mind the decision was kind of almost a no-brainer, the reality of what i am choosing is the opposite. i think i will call it a God-brainer :))

anyway, today i am feeling secure in the choice. thank you Lord for being my Helper.

3 comments:

carey said...

good call buddy. it's summer at the backforty. enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I love the God-brainer phrase/word.

What a blessing to feel secure in your decision.

Your home looks like something out of better homes and gardens. I.LOVE.IT.

Happy week to you, too, B!

Karen said...

So very cool. Anyone who knows you would realize that you're not a has-been. God is just getting started with you, and He's got all of eternity to polish you up.