Monday, August 03, 2009

the wanderer


ok, so you guys know how obsessed i am about my pets. so much so, that most of time i don't really like leaving town or going on vacation. so much so, that i cannot imagine not having them (her) with me during the day. so much so that..

when i forget and they get outside or somehow out of my control, i FREAK out, sometimes. okay, twice in the last week.

this morning siesta and i went out for the morning "rounds" which ends in the screen porch. i went inside to refill my coffee cup, got absorbed with actual WORK, forgot to come back, and just went about my day. until this afternoon when i got back from a 2 hour meeting and then - remembered. remembered that she now knows how to get out of the screen porch on her own.

AND THEN freaked out.

til i went frantically to the back yard, and saw that she was laying on the sidewalk, looking at me like "where the h&^* have you BEEN? and then went inside, had a snack and a drink of water, and headed directly for her rainbow afghan, and her very routine NAP.

i think maybe she and i were meant to be together :)

4 comments:

Cassie said...

oh.my.goodness. you scared me for a sec :o) I thought Ev and I were going to have to come kitty hunting...

bobbione8y said...

i know, cass, i know!

it would kind of be like you leaving evan at hyvee and remembering later ;)

well, not really.

but kind of :)

Karen said...

Oh, dude. My heart was in a holding pattern there for a minute.

So glad you were made for each other!

cherk said...

Oh what is better than a shiny penny person? A shiny penny pet!