Wednesday, August 19, 2009

one day at a time


“Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

Mathew 6:34


no, not that one day at a time...

remember that old song called "one day at a time"?


it's a country song, i think.


i need a copy of it right now in my life, because every dang day, i have been panicking about some future thing that MIGHT go poorly. it is causing me to not sleep well, to eat too much, to not enjoy the moment, to lose all sense of being a child of God!


i woke up thinking it cannot possibly be wednesday! this week has been torturous! i cannot take 5-day work weeks anymore! then, i prayed. i walked around the yard and asked God to be in my day. i asked Him to be more powerful than anything else. to be the Lord of today for me.

and guess what? today looks doable. it IS doable if i realize that He wants to help me with the "stuff" on my plate, and is far better at scheduling than me. i think being Omnipresent, Omniscient, all that stuff - helps :)


i love when scripture is the only thing you need. which is always, btw.

happy day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sitting here bawling. I think this is for me. I'm sad today, wishing I still had a grandpa and a mom left on this earth. I'm overwhelmed by $900 flights and relatives who won't quit calling to find out my plans. I'm kind of paralyzed, unable to do much of anything.

Thank you. I'm going to hang out with the Omnipotent One now.

Anonymous said...

I know those days too. I'm praying for you both.

Even when I don't feel it, actually especially when I don't feel it,
I sometimes will sing this one:

God is so good, God is so good,
God is so good, He's so good to me.

It makes me think of sweet children and how they always sing it, even when they don't know why .. but they really do.