Wednesday, August 12, 2009

me and julia


so lou and i went to see "julie and julia" last night. i admit, i liked the julia part alot more than the julie part, but that's probably just me. i love julia child.

growing up in rural south dakota in the early 70s, julia was a pbs regular at our house. i looked it up, and the show ran from 1962-1973. so that would have made me a viewer toward the end of the run, i think. she and jacques pepin, they were my peeps. truthfully, i probably liked jacques even more, because the stuff julia made always looked too hard. for good reason, french cooking IS hard.

watching the movie last night, i kind of forgot what the REAL julia looked like. i liked meryl streep so much, that i kept thinking she WAS really julia. if i were meryl streep, i would walk around the house going "ohhhhhhhh, buuuuuuuuuttttterrr" in the julia voice. i kind of want to talk like her all the time too!

anyway. it was the first movie i have been to since last winter. maybe that's why i liked it so much. why don't you go too, and offer up your thoughts?

:)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I do so want to go! I kind of have this book-nerdy need to read the novel first, though...

bobbione8y said...

yeah. i googled her when i got home, and i definitely think they sweetened up the movie julie so we'd like her more. don't think i'll be buying the book...she seems like one of those snotty ultra hip chicks that i probably couldn't relate to.

Anonymous said...

Bobbi, you're an ultra-hip chick in my book! You're the farthest thing from snotty though. Snotty is about the last thing you are!

bobbione8y said...

aw, thanks ellen!

i certainly have my snotty moments. i try to hide them, but i do have them :))


i hope you are well!

Chris said...

I want to go to this also, anyone want to come with me?