Thursday, November 06, 2008

random acts

this has been a strange week. maybe it's all the talk of the election and "change" - or maybe it's the rumble around town that the bad economy has finally hit our little sheltered city.

dunno. but i've had some anxiety. the phone has not rung for a few weeks, and even though i am still "cranking" on some projects i had going, i have nothing coming up for the forseeable future (i take that back, a current client just called with a small job this morning).

why, oh why do i worry so? i have had a FABULOUS year. i was able to finance a big chunk of a new car, new appliances and new windows for mabel - without DEBT. that is amazing.

i have NEVER ever advertised. kind of funny for a girl in advertising, eh? but seriously, God has provided great clients for almost 7 years now. always. faithfully, to my amazement.

worry is dumb. i know this, and still.


so, i had set aside some $$ for a new couch. i finally found one at slumberland this past week on sale. but now, i feel too scared to buy it. maybe i feel guilty for all the stuff i already have. i don't know. is living with the old couch an impossibility? as you can see, siesta likes it. a LOT. :)

arrrrrrgh. pray for God's peace to come to me today, will ya? the world and its shifting sand is getting to me.


in other news, i have 115 squares done! i am darned amazed at me. i really enjoy granny squares, who knew? going to 121 and then we'll see if i need to make more. sigh. happy.

snow is coming, but right now it's sunny and beautiful out! thank you LORD for the wonderful fall we have had!

9 comments:

carey said...

relax. deep breath. i have an email from last year about two weeks from now where you are FREAKING out about no business. and probably one the year before that. this is the slow-down time, every year. and right after january, they all call again, wanting a new year's worth of stuff.
go enjoy your tv, your granny squares and your new couch. all is well. i promise.

Karen said...

Just a friendly reminder. :-)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phl. 4:6-7

bobbione8y said...

thank you girls :)

the sunbeam is streaming in my window right now, a little warmth from God reminding me i am in His hands :))


love you guys.

Karen said...

And just think. He made turquoise and brown and orange. Surely He's got the rest under control.

K~ said...

Hey Karen used my absolute favorite verse. It is SO true for me. I need a daily reminder NOT to worry. So I worry.... am I worrying to much??

Anyhow. I remember, like Carey, this time of year slows down for you. Take a break from it all. Like, have a friend come and visit for about 4 days :-)!

Lastly, I think the couch is a big problem. How can you possibly take that wonderful piece of art work out of the house. Siesta is going to FREAK, and then she will begin to worry. That is a tough spot to be in. I don't envy you.

Got the Buick secured for next week. I hope the weather will hold. But... I shant worry :-)

K~

K~ said...

Hey Karen used my absolute favorite verse. It is SO true for me. I need a daily reminder NOT to worry. So I worry.... am I worrying to much??

Anyhow. I remember, like Carey, this time of year slows down for you. Take a break from it all. Like, have a friend come and visit for about 4 days :-)!

Lastly, I think the couch is a big problem. How can you possibly take that wonderful piece of art work out of the house. Siesta is going to FREAK, and then she will begin to worry. That is a tough spot to be in. I don't envy you.

Got the Buick secured for next week. I hope the weather will hold. But... I shant worry :-)

K~

K~ said...

Ok! Now that bothers me. I hit enter 2 times and now I am posted twice. Nice! Sorry about that. K~

cherk said...

Sorry I am late on this-hope your mood has improved. I too hate those days when my thoughts-especially the worrisome ones have a mind of their own. But they pass, they always do.

Chris said...

I'm really late too, sorry! I know how you feel. I am feeling that way about Silpada right now. I was doing so well, but now people are canceling parties. I have only gotten a few orders here and there. I too need to sit back and pray, give all back to God. Plus, I guess I need to start sending out flyers and emails again:). Hope you are feeling better about things.