Wednesday, November 19, 2008

not gonna do it


well, it's almost thanksgiving, which means i am KIND OF SORT OF starting to think of christmas. i love christmas. the cookies, the lights, the love, all of it. however, i dread thinking of the gift giving. dread it. not because i don't like giving gifts, because i do. but because i am such a loser procrastinator that i NEVER seem to give the gift i really want to give. you cannot do that, if you wait til the night before you are seeing the person, and then run to the mall.

this year, i vow to NOT DO THIS.

i mean it. actually, i have pretty much given up malls year around...i just never really go there. well, maybe twice so far this year. pretty funny for a girl who used to need a new outfit about twice a week!

anyway, that leaves options. best option: making things to give. best time to start best option: waaaaaaaay sooner than now. however, i am determined to make a few gifts. i have a measly start, and need to get some supplies for some other ideas i have.

2nd best option: buying online. i know, that is kind of impersonal. however, i LOVE when a box comes from amazon. or some amazing etsy artist. everybody would love that sort of thing, right?


i need some help here. let me know your favorite place to christmas shop. the sooner you reply, the better :)

12 comments:

carey said...

i'm with you. traffic is already nuts on 41st street, i'm not going to do it either. i will be shopping online and going to fun little stores that aren't on the big strip.

i already have your gift. and it's not a lizard. he he.

bobbione8y said...

oh boy.


just hope you don't get anything ALIVE from me. i owe you.

Cassie said...

as you have already heard, the best and worst place in the world to buy a christmas gift is the No-Coast-Craft-O-Rama. I try to buy things for other people there every year, then I get home and love it so much, I keep it all :o) Maybe you will be better than me!

bobbione8y said...

oh cass, that is right! i keep forgetting that i get to go this year :))

Karen said...

Two words: E BAY.

:-)

bobbione8y said...

really?

what kind of things do you buy there for gifts???

i have never thought of ebay!

KristieLou said...

I do all my shopping online! No stores for me. I always get cooler, more creative gifts online and I like to shop in my jammies ;)

p.s. all you have to do is google what you are looking for...

Karen said...

This year I am buying hockey sticks, a pull-up bar, and some cool Keen shoes for the hub.

I wish I could bid on someone to come over and unpack the groceries and make dinner...

I'm also going to Craigslist for a weight set for Moose, loft beds for the short boys and maybe even a couple of dressers.

carey said...

karen, check hockey overstock for the sticks...

bobbione8y said...

thanks for the comments girls!

carey.
hockey overstock.


that is funny :)

DeAnn said...

Sorry I'm late in responding...I was in S.F. last weekend and it took me a half hour to get from Scheels to Louise Ave. No lie, I timed it. I had to do something to entertain myself. Anyhoo, I've done quite a bit of shopping online, ebay, llbean and gap. I don't think I will ever drive down 41st street again. Ever.

Chris said...

Also, late because that is who I am. I generally stay away from Black Friday for 2 reasons. 1) I don't like getting up early; 2) I hate those crowds! So, I saw fellow procrastinator, procrastinate or online shop! I for one love ebay!! You can find ANYTHING on ebay.