Wednesday, November 05, 2008

gettin' ready



hey all,

now that the election is over, it's time to get ready for winter. good thing, 'cause the first "winter storm" is set to hit SD in the next couple of days. so hard to believe, it's still in the 60s/almost 70 degrees here!

anyway, phillip and i have devised a plan. we are going to watch "Northern Exposure" from beginning to end (that is, if we can afford the dang blasted dvds).

if you can't already figure it out, both he and i are "tv" people. i grew up in rural SD LOVING my tv. loving it. to be honest, i did not have a normal childhood where i stayed over with friends, or socialized after school. but yes, i did have tv. and i did make friends there.

still, it's no wonder i love working at home and commiserating with you blog friends so much, eh?

well. i am excited. i HOPE the series is half as good as i remember it being. i hate how goofy stuff looks sometimes, when you look back. but my gut tells me that john corbett will NEVER go out of style :))

5 comments:

Karen said...

Here is the sum total of what I remember about Northern Exposure:

I loved the moose, loved the show, and then it got really weird and I quit watching. I couldn't tell you a single character or plot line at this point.

I would be willing to give it another go, let me know if it passes the test of time, will you?

carey said...

you need to watch scrubs. seriously. it is the only show i turn on.

Karen said...

The hubby and I SO LOVE SCRUBS. It really is the only show I sit down to watch.

KristieLou said...

oh...so that is where the moose are ;)

bobbione8y said...

girls.

i have tried to watch scrubs, and i just don't "get" it ;)

lou.
i am sorry to rub salt in your wound. someday, you will find them. at least ONE.