Thursday, January 24, 2013

the lingering question

as i was staring at the screen this morning, trying desperately to think of SOMETHING to write a blog post about,

the big Q popped into my head:


i did what anyone would do in one of those deep, philosophical moments. i googled it.

the answer, apparently, is that they are not.

something about them going corporate and blah blah blah not enough personal inspiration and blah blah blah a generational gap or something or other.

then, i read that the new word for blog is tumblr.

we all know what tumblrs are, it's like when you find a funny pic of ryan gosling and write a 'hey girl' statement on top of it.

the thing i cannot for the life of me figure out - is the word tumblr really that much better?

maybe we could just call them blgs instead of blogs.

hey - that would be neat - because those are MY INITIALS...!


sigh. really, honestly, i'm stretching for a topic...perhaps tomorrow will be a better day to come visit :)

7 comments:

ellen said...

So maybe blogs aren't a social movement anymore, but I'm here to tell you that YOUR blog is still cool. Because you're cool. And no Google search will change that! :)

Rea said...

Eh. I never pretend to be cool anyway, so I will just let my blog reading/sometimes writing be yet another way in which I am uncool.

And tumblr seems very impersonal to me.

bobbione8y said...

i think what i hear you both saying is that i should rename my blog a blg and try to think of something better to write about tomorrow :)

bobbione8y said...

ps - ellen! how is the new town? are you settled in yet?

Karen said...

I came over here for inspiration...and learned (finally) what a tumblr is.

cherk said...

Ok, I thought a tumblER was a glass for alcoholic beverage?? And who says BlOGS are corporate and not personal? They obviously arent' reading US

chen wish said...

nfl mlb nba nhl snapbacks
air max 90
air max 2017
air max 2016
free flyknit 5.0
lunarglide shoes
kobe bryant shoes
james jordan shoes
mercurial soccer boots
hypervenom soccer shoes