Tuesday, March 01, 2011

out-of-town meetings and clouds


it probably has something to do with naming my company 'pie in the sky' yesterday. today i was thinking about clouds, specifically of the cloud of glory that God made to lead the israelites around in the wilderness.



i was thinking this as i was driving to a meeting in the middle of *somewhere* on very icey roads.


i would have liked to see that cloud! especially toward evening, when it transformed to a pillar of FIRE. wow.


i was singing these chris tomlin lyrics as i went:

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

really, when you think about it, how easy is THAT? sometimes, i think we make it harder than it ever should be to be a christian.


i'll be totally honest here, i was also thinking 'you almost cannot TAKE a bad picture with the iphone hipstamatic!!'

:)



but mostly, i was thinking this: how wonderful it is that God has given us every tool we need in this world, in the form of the Holy Spirit, our 'glory cloud' that will lead us and take us everywhere we are meant to go. how simple, how gloriously simple, is that!!!

it was a good day for an out-of-town meeting.

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

Exodus 33:14-15

7 comments:

Karen said...

Sometimes I think that the Israelites were the dumbest people to ever have lived. I mean, seriously. The cloud? The pillar? And STILL you wander for 40 years?

And then I realize that I'm no different, no better, than the Israelites, for the very reasons you state in that last paragraph.

bobbione8y said...

um. yeah. agreed...

K~ said...

I just love the photos. Makes me miss South Dakota. I especially love the church photo. Very nice. K~

bobbione8y said...

kirsten...we need to get you an iphone. i swear. it will change your life in a good way.

except that people are not even necessary :) which technically, is not good.

Karen said...

Hey. WE are people!

bobbione8y said...

except for you guys. all i want is an iphone and you virtual guys. which technically exist on my iphone.

doh.

Karen said...

And now I want one. Is it possible that I could actually take a good picture?