Monday, June 07, 2010

yay!







whew. blogger has been down all day, and i have been feeling like my tongue was missing :)) perhaps that is not such a bad thing.

it's just that i have things to share.

like her.


she is my little sweet buddy that likes her 'perch' that carey gave her for christmas. notice how afraid of me she seems to be! i know that i am the crazy lady who talks to all the cats/dogs/bunnies/snakes/squirrels/bugs in the neighborhood, but i SWEAR, they kind of know me. they do. just go with me on this one. look at her, and tell me i'm a liar :)

oh.
and i SO NEED TO SHARE the recipe for corn and black bean salad that i made this weekend.


from rachael ray. who i have an urge to dislike, which i cannot really figure out. but she knows how to make corn and black bean salad, that is for sure.

oh, oh!

except that i go crazy, and substitute about 1/4 cup of zesty italian dressing in for the lime juice and olive oil. and then add a splash or 2 of lime juice just to be sure. and i use sea salt.

oh, and i didn't use hot sauce in there. and i DID put a little green pepper in mine too, cause it is pretty.

so really, it's okay to not like rachael ray either, because this is more my recipe. tell people that, if you want to :)

make some! serve it with a side of tortilla chips and SEE if i am not onto something big!

8 comments:

DeAnn said...

Oh my gosh...those pictures of that squirrel are amazing! It's like it is just at home sitting on the perch! How cute...

I'm going to try that salsa...yum! And I too do not like Rachael Ray for some reason I cannot explain. Some of it is I don't like the sound of her raspy voice. So I think with all the changes you made, we should call this Bobbi's corn and black bean salad. I'm going to anyway! Thanks for the recipe!

DeAnn said...

...the first picture looks like it is posing for you!

carey said...

anything that goes on a chip is good in my book.

i think i want a squirrel to go with my two cats and my tripod dog.

Karen said...

Yay!

I missed you. AND I MISSED YOUR PRAYERS. I would bet a hundred million dollars that nobody prayed me through the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day in the 7th grade. ACK.

I seriously thought you took the squirrel photos from the ad for the squirrel stand. They are so good.

I'm making that salsa for lunch, I'll tell you that right now.

Karen said...

She bugs me, too. For the record.

bobbione8y said...

no tomatoes, people....can you call it salsa then?

technically, i guess you can call it what you want, as long as you thank me for it ;)) yum!

Karen said...

Anything that goes on a chip can be called salsa.

I have no corn. :-(

I have 35 pages. :-)

bobbione8y said...

yeah!!

good for you!

very proud!