Monday, June 28, 2010

earth, wind and fire




EARTH

it started bright and early saturday morning, with a short road trip to montrose, and a whole gang ready to 'pick rock' for anne's flower garden. even though i brought my camera, i never take pictures of actual people. rani has some nice ones on her blog, though.

it was actually quite easy, once rani's husband stepped in and led us to the perfect rock pile. still, rocks are a bit cumbersome. i think my favorite quote came from anne, as she was assessing her ability to pick up a fairly huge boulder: "oh, the light colored ones are LIGHT."

he he. above is my little momento, i spotted his sparkly orangeness from a distance, and anne graciously shared her bounty with me.


WIND

then, saturday night, after 2 days of extreme humidity and a 'heaviness' in the air, the sky finally let loose. the storm was fairly huge. i stood under my stoop (i always like to be outside in thunderstorms) and watched the trees bend and sway in almost cartoon-like fashion. i spotted loco, my outside kitty, bedraggled and afraid, and led him to shelter under my lilac bush. i waited patiently for the 2.5 hours that i was out of power, and thought "wow, how weird to actually have no tv/internet/phone to distract" and i prayed that God would protect all the little creatures, plant and animal, that i have come to love so much.


ps. He did :)


FIRE

then, sunday morning it was 'up' for church. i really was on autopilot, and not having much expectation of the service.

WOW. i guess God had other plans. the Holy Spirit showed up in full force during worship, it was just a really neat time together as a church. i sometimes wish i had more words for how this feels to me. let's just say that words lack to describe the experience.

however, if i were to try, i will say i experienced actual physical sensation of the Spirit's presence. at first, i was thinking it was kind of like the 'pop' of drinking a carbonated beverage, although it was all over my body...then, as i contemplated what God had done later in the day, i visualized a campfire, the sparks 'dancing' in a fire, and that in fact we were the sparks, our Spirits combining with God to create a unique, creative, explosive event that God had planned ahead for us. all we (church) did was show up with open hearts. i wish that you all had been there. i was overwhelmed, tears came and i just love that i love God, and that He loves me. whew.





how can a normal monday ever top that?!
oh well. i plan to have a fabulous one, anyway ;)) i hope you do, too!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful post! Seriously, I think it's an award-winner. :-)

I needed to hear the Fire part, thanks.

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this web site by my cousin.
I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You're incredible!
Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my web site: pharmacy technician schools