Monday, June 14, 2010

rain, rain


i admit i am more than a little ready for the rain to stop. it's actually been a blessing, because the ground has been kind of dry overall for the year. but, 4" in june alone means lots of grey days. we all know how THOSE go around here :))

anyway, things seem calm and good. i am hoping the severe storms stay away. i hate to see uprooted trees and ruined nature. i hope everyone is able to get things cleaned up (rani, thinking of you!).



i did get a nice little package on the doorstep when i got back from st. paul. it's my cool recycled lantern. i fought with myself over whether to indulge in it (obviously lost. or won. depending on how you look at it). my electricity is for some reason not working in the sun porch, so this will be my alternative. i cannot tell you how much i love beautiful things made out of old things. well, maybe i can. this is gorgeous and so intricate and pretty. i guess i will be looking for metal snippers in the future ;)

here's to a sunny day, either in your heart or your world. happy Monday!

8 comments:

K~ said...

Humm i wonder why your electricity is not working back there ;-)

That is a most cool lantern! I really like it. I think no electric lighting adds to the indoor/outdoor atmosphere.

Nala is just yelling at me right now.

Sam is up and the TV is on. So, my mommy time morning is over.
K~

bobbione8y said...

welcome to summer at the Walshes ;)

Unknown said...

"everything is calm and good"
ahhhhhhh how I wish for calm and good...

rain rain go away or we will be playing baseball into November

I have two electricians in the family now if you need someone to take a look at that porch light...when you tire of beautiful recycled tin lanterns...

Unknown said...

oh and thank you for thinking of me. my 70 year old neighbors attacked the tree with a chainsaw and had the whole thing moved in less than two hours...blessed I am, I think that most of the plants will heal...

bobbione8y said...

oh!!!! i am glad. yes, thankfully it is early enough to replant if you need, my zucchini just started to bloom over the weekend while i was away.

praying for SUN!

DeAnn said...

Yep, I'm getting tired of the rain as well! Seems like it comes all at once and then nothing thru August when it's so hot and dry. Ready for some sun!

Love your lantern too!! It's very cool. I'd love to have that lighting up my way!

Karen said...

You find the coolest things, Bob.

I'm glad for your green, green is good. I hope you get a reprieve from the rain!

cherk said...

Sick of rain here to!