Saturday, June 19, 2010

summer sweetness


momma bunny.
tonite, i saw one of her babies.
he was so cute i could have licked him.
not really, but he WAS cute.




so-ugly-it's-kind-of-cool garage sale find.
the green paint came when i got it home.




flower of the day/week.
lots of purpleness.
and my very fave annabelle hydrangeas.
it's their time to be the star of the show.


drink o' summer
(courtesy the walsh clan in st. paul):

the french soda:
ice
sparkling water
splash of half and half
splash of coffee liqueur (hazelnut, yum)


yum.


topped with unexpected visits from friends.
and a bit of weeding.
and a nice, long nap.





sigh. isn't summer the BEST?! i could not love a day more than today, i don't think.

happy saturday!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Molly would like to lick your baby bunny, too.

Is the tray made of wood? I think I could collect those things. I like them that much.

Your french soda sounds wonderful. Do you think it would work with Kahlua?

Unknown said...

I love the photo of the drink cup that matches your toes that matches the pillow...did you plan that?

Did you ever try the rhubarb syrup in a drink? I have to use up the rest of my syrup in something.

Those purple flowers would have had a bunch of friends this weekend in Ryan's sisters wedding...

bobbione8y said...

okay. i have to admit that that baby bunny got EATEN right before my eyes last night. loco the cat was casually sitting in my back yard licking his foot, and i was sitting in the sunporch watching him and talking to him. all of a sudden he pounced, i heard a terrible noise, and goodbye bunny :0( sometimes, natural selection is kind of harsh.

rani. did not get to make rhubarb syrup, as the neighbors MOWED down their patch of rhubarb right as it was perfect to pick. yeah.

i think EITHER kalhua or rhubarb syrup would be great in french sodas. ps. the diff between french and italian sodas is the splash of half and half :)

Karen said...

...and I have fat free half and half in the fridge...which removes the Kahlua guilt. Do I have to wait until after 5 to imbibe?

bobbione8y said...

karen. when you are 47 years old, you will not have guilt over drinking a splash of regular half and half.

just something for you to look forward to.

Karen said...

You never fail to make me smile. :-)

I think it's the pressure of the first real week of summer over here, and all that it entails. It's getting to me--this morning I actually checked the calories on the back of my yogurt container. Sheesh.

You never answered about waiting until after 5..

bobbione8y said...

go ahead girl, celebrate monday :)

Karen said...

I just got back to this...it's 6:07.