Tuesday, May 18, 2010

past blast, literally


apparently, 30 years ago today, mount st. helens errupted, and i graduated from high school.

i would not have remembered this without the magic of facebook. i knew it must be good for something.

seriously, my memory seems to be a little ahead of its time... meaning alzheimer's is just around the corner. i joined one of those "i lived in brookings in the 70s" groups - and i swear, about 90% of the stuff that people are blathering on about, i have no memory of. maybe i'm not really me, or the past did not really happen?! hmmmm.

good thing it's a nice day, and i can just live in the moment for a bit instead :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I kind of remember people bringing ash to school after Mt St Helens. I had never been out of SD, so traveling to the west coast was more fascinating to me than a baby food jar full of ashes.

Blathering on. Love it (reading it, not doing it. Although..never mind).