Thursday, May 27, 2010

mad mats


i think i have posted about these before, but here i go again. mad mats. they are WONDERFUL!!! they are kind of famous, and i can see why. they are made out of weird little 'tubes' of cheap recycled plastic. the cool thing is the designs, which make you wonder how they did that.

i just got my new one in the mail today. i did not NEED one. i have had my old one for probably 5 years, and it is just the same as when i bought it. i even leave it out all winter!!

but, i wanted the one i saw in my latest issue of Country Gardens magazine (which, by the by, will be the death of my checking account). it's rainbowish, in a turquoise kind of way.

ahhhhhhhhhhh! i love it! even though the actual plastic is very boring primary colors, the weaving (and your eyes) make the combinations look like rich, cool colors. amazing!


i love how this one goes with my very very very favorite one dollar plastic tablecloth that protects my plant shelf when i overwater.


and i love how it matches the other pretty things in the sun porch, too :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Dang. Where could I put one of those?

Rea said...

OOh, I love the pink and brown one! It must take a back seat to my other decorating projects though (which are using that same color palette).

bobbione8y said...

hi Loretta, you found me ;))

oooh, now i get to go sneak a peek at your life, too!!

see you tonite!