Wednesday, January 02, 2008

sewing for dummies

oh my. i am catching up on some craft blogs, and about died when i read this poor woman's account of sewing a lining in a purse. having just come off a bunch of christmas crafts, i could somehow relate. i'd like to know who said art was easier than rocket science????

Step 2: The inner bag should be inner right side out (flannel facing in). So inner right side out, flannel facing, flannel facing, inner right side out. So flannel touching flannel. The outer bag should be right sides touching (inside out). I tucked in the inner bag (so right sides of the inner and outer bag touching, flannel facing in the middle touching) and put the handles between the outer fabric and inner fabric. Then I sewed around the bag (leaving a turning hole) and pulled out the flannel facing and then turned my bag through the hole.

6 comments:

DeAnn said...

Okay, you lost me at step 2: The inner bag........................................

I know I saw the word flannel about 20 times....hmmmmmm, I don't think my bag would come out very well!

bobbione8y said...

he he. yeah. that poor woman might want to consider a different kind of hobby :)

Susan said...

Completely lost. I can totally see her walking through each of the steps very, very slowly.

I need to share this with my mom, she will get a kick out of it.

Unknown said...

is that even in English?

huh?

Chris said...

I am gladly a dummy!

K~ said...

uummm. That was very scary. That is why I have my friend just make me beautiful bags and I just sit and wait for them. K~