Friday, January 18, 2008

rock star




boy oh boy, times change. back in the day, i was a real true rock chick. i loved boys and their bands almost as much as i loved anything. and my parents, who were very old even then, loved wheel of fortune.

but like all tides must, things turn. nowadays i am so excited about vanna white, you would think SHE was a rock star. in case you are wondering where vanna went (actually i think she might still be turning letters too) - she decided to become a queen in the crochet world. her yarn is just like her, glitzy and a little bit on the cheap side, being made of 100% acrylic.

no matter. i am planning my very next afghan already. thanks to vanna of course :)


UPDATE:
oooooooohhhh. as luck would have it, look what the UPS man just dropped off :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Seriously. AFGANS are where old game-show girls go to die? I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years.

Does she make yarn that matches my apron?

Chris said...

So, have you used her yarn before? I will be in the market for some good but cheap yarn as soon as I get my little "project finished". You would recommend it for a newby? And Karen, you know when we are the Golden Girls we are going to want more than one of Bobbi's cool afgans. Rock on sister!

K~ said...

I'm using Vanna right now. I think that it is a soft appropriate yarn. Reasonable, but not plasticy. I want that Vintage Crochet mag!! Where did you get it? K~