Thursday, October 26, 2006

me and my mags


you know, one of the good things about blogging is that it kind of forces you to think about where you spend the most of your time. there are several scriptures related to this, i think maybe Matthew 6:21 says it best: For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So, sometimes my heart is in questionable places. For instance, at the end of a hectic work day, one of my favorite escapes is to my magazines. i am sort of addicted to magazines, there, i have admitted it. this has been the case for many many years, i guess i found them an affordable treat back in the days when i was young, and single and dreaming up a better life for myself.

somehow, the comfort of crawling up with a new magazine has really never stopped wooing me. i get excited when one comes in the mail!!! sometimes, i don't get to read them for a few days, or even a WEEK, but oh boy, i am happy when i finally sit down to a new one. To get the point across, here are the mags i currently subscribe to, in somewhat order of my favorites:

Country Living
Mary Englebriet's Home Companion
Better Homes and Gardens
How (a design magazine)
Print (another design magazine)
Cottage Living
Home
Every day with Rachel Ray

And as if getting EIGHT magazines a month is not enough, i also usually buy on the newstand:

Martha Stewart Living
Midwest Living (that's alot of living i'm doing)
Any gardening mag i see
Family Circle
Womans Day

And my mom gives me her old:

Good Housekeeping (which is difficult when you have 1700 magazines laying around)

i'm sure there are more. the thing is, i usually don't even read most of them. i look at the beautiful pictures, and daydream that i am in those perfectly kept, warm, cozy, yummy smelling, full tummy, craftily perfect surroundings.

oh Lord, someday won't you bring me there?

3 comments:

Lisaann said...

That is so funny as this week has been my magazine week also! I treated myself to two new ones and a Midwest Living that I was saving for a magazine night! I am an addict also and have been trying to cut back...

K~ said...

Bobbi, I just look at the pictures. Sometimes, I look at the pictures in my Martha Stewart magazine, and think, Man I wonder how she does that project. Than, I see there are words.... How conveinent. K~

Chris said...

Oh, I don't know Bobbi, you may infact have a problem!Yikes, I can't believe how many you look at! How do you have time to even look at one of them!:) I also love magazines, but I don't subscribe only cuz I can't afford it. So, when a mag. looks really inviting, and usually I am feeling a little lost with my own life, I buy one. I recognize the feeling you described when you finally get to sit down to look at one.