Monday, October 16, 2006

funny things to be happy about


okay, i must be going nuts. lately, housecleaning is just making me SO HAPPY!!

i guess i finally hit a wall with cat smells and dust and stuff falling out of the closet all of the time. i have been doing "fall cleaning" for a few weeks now, including my basement, which was absolutely atrocious.

so, i have a new discovery! i have been very loyal to the mop and a bucket of mr. clean, til the new man came along. yep, i finally gave in and bought a swiffer. phillip told me to do it LAST SUMMER and i chewed him out for needing a fancy schmancy mop, when an old-fashioned one is just fine.

until i tried it! my new one is purple, the first thing to love about it. secondly, you just velcro on the cleaning pad, so even i can figure it out. thirdly, it's so easy to use!! yeah, it's battery operated, and that is just insane for a MOP - but last night beener had his bi-weekly furball on the floor, and swiff!!! there it went.

it would be absolutely perfect, if not for the fact i had to hear phil tell me "told you so." :))

5 comments:

SDGuy91 said...

There are so many things to smile about here...thanks for a great break - I needed it today.

My swiffer is silver - where'd you get a purple one?

carey said...

yep, you're all over your swiffer and i'm totally psyched to do laundry. we are pathetic and sad.

bobbione8y said...

he he he.

i was wooed by the purple swiffer in the target circular last week. only $16 bucks. of course, i did not figure in the cleaning solution, batteries and replacement mop pads, so it probably costs me a couple bucks every time the cat has a hairball,

but hey! it's purple :)

K~ said...

I love my swiffer. I have the dust mop and the hand held duster too. I get excited about getting the dishes done. AND my husband bought me a small BRAND NEW!! chest freezer!!! WOW. I feel spoiled. I bought 3 loaves of bread the other day..... and froze them!

DeAnn said...

okay how come I don't have one of these?!?! I was excited when the magic eraser came out!

D