Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Amazing.


Today i am celebrating El-Ohim...another name for God. El means mighty, powerful, strong. Ohim (my favorite part) means The Creator - He who brings something into being from nothing.

In the last few days, El Ohim has made Himself known to me. One of my favorite things about the character of God is the element of surprise He places into ordinary everyday things. You know it's Him, because He twists up the order of things. This is my latest example:

I have been working quite abit for the Vote Yes for Life campaign. It's been on my mind, so when i woke up with a crazy thought in my head last saturday night, i was not that surprised. it was a headline, or a statement: Life is good. now, if you are in a creative field like me, you know that often ideas come this way. you wake up with them in the middle of the night, and the next morning you go, duh...and the idea seems silly.

I actually got up for about an hour on saturday when this headline woke me up. i sat at my computer and found a visual that i felt "went" with the headline. only thing was, i had no idea what i was going to do with it!! i decided on sunday morning, i might make myself a tshirt, or maybe do a blog post with that title. i figured that was the end of it, no big deal.

then, late yesterday afternoon i got the call. it was from a client of mine who is also working on the Vote Yes side of things. He said to me "Bobbi, i hate to call at such a late hour, but do you think there is any way i could get a FULL PAGE AD done by tomorrow morning?

Again, you almost have to know marketing to know how difficult this is...not necessarily to MAKE an ad, but to get approval. this particular ad would have to jump through the hoops of the Vote Yes legal office PLUS the 175 DOCTORS that were sponsoring the ad. nearly impossible.

immediately i remembered the silly "idea" that woke me up in the middle of the night...i asked my client if he liked that idea for his ad? and he immediately responded with "that's so perfect - YES!"

Long story short, i made the ad last night in no time at all. and we got approval this morning with NO CHANGES. So, God gave me the heads up on a quick rush job without me even knowing about it, and used me to create "something from nothing" for whatever reason He has!!!

wow. thank you El-Ohim.

2 comments:

carey said...

yep, life is good. God knew what he was doing when he looked in his batch of designers and picked you out for this project. Nice job. Can't wait to see it in the paper. I have a feeling this one will print PERFECTLY, don't you?

Karen said...

Bob--This is actually the first post of yours that I ever read...before I "knew" you. I knew instantly that you and I could connect. So glad Elohim brought that about.

:-)