Friday, March 15, 2013

ides of March

That's all I can think about today. I had to google 'ides' because even though I say the phrase all the time, I have no idea what it means!

Apparently the ides (which is middle-of-the-month, or the 15th) became notorious as the date that Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC. Sorry Jules!

Otherwise, it's a perfectly lovely day. I was very excited yesterday to have my first spring walk around the neighborhood.






It was very pleasant to go outside. I may do it again sometime!

Otherwise, I spent some time in the basement again. I'm not really moving at light speed down there, probably because I am not really into basements.

Things are coming along, though. I still need to set up the craft room. I got the shelves up last night, so maybe this weekend? Dunno. Taxes also must be done. sigh.

I got another rug for the space. that makes a bad paint job and 2 layers of rugs, if you are keeping track.


 As Lou remarked when I sent her a pic, 'that's SO Bobbi Gaukel!'

Alas, she is correct. I could lick this rug, I love it so much.


  That's magenta fringe, in case you can't tell.


It really does help the very 'blah' room to pop a little.


Things will of course be better when I get all of the shelves stocked, and yes, get some artwork hung!


My cutest decorating accessory really matches the room :)

Happy Friday, folks!

3 comments:

Rea said...

Very pretty rug! Some day (far in the future) I will have wood floors and I will buy a beautiful rug. Until then I will sigh over yours!

cherk said...

I could just squeeze her!

chen wish said...

nfl mlb nba nhl snapbacks
air max 90
air max 2017
air max 2016
free flyknit 5.0
lunarglide shoes
kobe bryant shoes
james jordan shoes
mercurial soccer boots
hypervenom soccer shoes