Saturday, July 29, 2006

wildlife on the forty




whew. saturday, and it's a hot one...i went to a "shabby chic" rummage sale this morning with my friend Sher, and then we chatted in her sun porch for a few hours...

i got home and saw that several flowers are wilted and sad. The sun is pouring down today and the temps are going to be near 100 again. With the wind, it's just almost unbearable to be outside! good reason to clean house today i guess!

anyway, i went out back quickly to take a look at the porch i won't be sitting in, and saw this beautiful butterfly/moth! i only got 3 shots before my camera battery went dead, so this isn't great, but it's evidence! he can keep my little baby bunny company. He is so silly, he knows my voice now, and let's me watch him while he eats the weeds on my driveway. as long as he munches those, and keeps away from the good stuff, all is well :)

so, for now the wildlife has the yard to themselves, at least until this evening when it is cooler.

No comments: