Thursday, July 27, 2006

prayer walking

i got up early this morning, had decided to go "prayer walk" with my friend kim who lives over near the center of town. at first we just chatted, i had no idea how this worked (i was secretly waiting for kim to start). then we admitted we were nervous, and just started to speak to the Lord like He was just walking along with us.

it all went pretty well, we traded back and forth pretty easily, praying for restoration of homes, and a break to the chain of violence in the area, and for blessing and revival for the people. we prayed for each other too. we were finishing up and decided to go a few more blocks. a little white haired lady was out pulling weeds and asked us if we "wanted a job" - so we stopped to chat.

kim was bold and asked her if she needed prayer for anything..amazingly, she said YES! so we stopped and prayed, arms around the lady and each other. it was easy, i had not done that since Mexico! the lady cried and prayed also!! Thank you Lord for showing up, whenever we get off our butts and reach out for you!

1 comment:

K~ said...

Hey Bob. I love the photo. I am trying to get a memory photo of my turtles, but it seems to get locked after it says it is downloading the image. Do I need to be patient? Nothing seems to be happening. I need to read your past postings. I really like this outlet. Thanks for hooking me up. K~