Monday, February 04, 2013


hi peeps!

sigh. it's monday again. so far, i have dodged many, many bullets for the first part of the year. i really wish marketing did not look so much like a battlefield so much of the time.

however, in other news, i made some cute valentines for a client to hand out next week, along with dove chocolates. it's the little things that keep me inspired.

so here we are in february. i spent some of the weekend tucked into a blankie, staring out at my backyard. i have a pair of cardinals that feed most days at the birdfeeder, and lots of squirrels that have lunch regularly. they feed my soul.

i mean it. the existence of these little creatures going about their day to day business is healing to me. it gives me hope. i read somewhere recently that humans are the only animals that think about tomorrow. that's crazy deep, if you think about it. i long to be like one of my little birds at the feeder, some days.

i am reminded also by God that it is best to to not look ahead. to just wake and face each day as it comes with whatever blessings it brings. i love psalm 29 and its promise:

The Lord bless you and keep you;

The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

 a nice thing for a monday, don't you think?

2 comments:

cherk said...

I love this post, as I have run around the last three days wanting to pull my hair out because of the things that have to do with tomorrow. I needed some reminding that is really about today.

chen wish said...

nfl mlb nba nhl snapbacks
air max 90
air max 2017
air max 2016
free flyknit 5.0
lunarglide shoes
kobe bryant shoes
james jordan shoes
mercurial soccer boots
hypervenom soccer shoes